Sunday, May 4, 2014

I am trusting God

I drove a short way into the Hills late yesterday afternoon,
and marvelled at a rainbow; enormous and multi-hewed.
It beamed at me, in an upside down sort of way.
It was so fully there that i could imagine I was seeing the allusive/invisible indigo.

I always remember what the first rainbow told its seers.
And so i reminded myself
that God DOES keep God's promises.

It isn't always easy to remember.
God doesn't always promise-keep in the ways I thought would be
Doesn't always follow my timeline and my agenda.

I suspect God is sometimes frustrated when
the people who are supposed to be part of the promise
miss their cues.
When I miss my cues.

But I must believe that God's intent is always for good.
For me and for my family.

So I continue to chose to believe,
to trust,
to hope,
to hold onto promises given.
And to be glad of rainbow coloured reminders.

No comments:

Post a Comment