Monday, April 14, 2014

Why do I ask?

Sometimes I feel a little lost,
Not because I don't know where I am
But rather because I have lost sight of who I am.

A generous dedication to a book of poems
by a lovely and creative friend reminds me of who I am.
Or at least who I was in those days
when I got to watch his creativity blossom.

And I am missing the me that was that me.
The me who had easy opportunity
to play a part in helping create spaces, places
for people to become all they are created to be.

So rather than wallow and feel lost
I take the opportunity to reflect on who i am.
Which on one hand sounds like a hugely indulgent, navel-gazing affair.
But on the other hand is (I suspect) not actually about me at all.

So if you happen to happen upon this little blog,
I hope you will discover a little more about you.
And celebrate the you that you are,
as I discover and celebrate the me that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment